Monday, October 26, 2009

A Year Without Internet

I'm going off the internet.


(insert sun burst here)

Having recently learned how to live without my career, how to live without a workplace to organize my sense of accomplishment, how to live without daily performance assessment in person and in print, and -- most relevant -- how to live without my own source of income, I realize that I may never again have this opportunity.

So in December of 2009, just in time to devote the extra free time to celebrating Christmas -- yes, that holiday again -- I'm going off the internet.

And because I am a creature of rituals and containers, on the way to spending a year without the internet I am going to spend a month WITH the internet. A month? I know, I know, but I want to take a nice long goodbye, like the last twenty minutes of The Return of the King. Does that not sound healthy? Well, I'm not sure it is. That's why I'm calling it The Internet Binge.

Encouragement, discouragement, sage wisdom and rants are welcome, here:

1 comment:

aubrey said...

Wow, Esther! I don't know if I could do this. But then again, I'm about to become a Vegan...taking on my own personal challenge. So...let's talk in a year and see how we did. :)